The Griboyedov Canal (until 1923 – the Ekaterininsky Canal) is a canal in St. Petersburg, originating from the Moyka River near the Field of Mars and flowing into the Fontanka near the Malo-Kalinkin Bridge.
The length of the canal is 5.1 km, the width is 32 m, the depth is up to 3.5 m, and the average water flow is 3.1–3.4 m³/s.
The toponym is also used as a common name for the embankment of the Griboyedov Canal.
There are 21 bridges across the canal:
- Voznesensky Bridge
- Podyachensky Bridge
- Bridge of Four Lions
- Kharlamov Bridge
- Novo-Nikolsky Bridge
- Krasnogvardeysky Bridge
- Pikalov Bridge
- Mogilyovsky Bridge
- Alarchin Bridge
- Kolomensky Bridge
- Malo-Kalinkin Bridge
- Church of the Savior on Blood
- Konyushennaya Square
- Benois Wing of the Russian Museum
- Museum Zoshchenko in the writer’s house
- Dom Knigi (Singer house) is the main bookstore in Leningrad in a building built before the First World War as a representative office of the American company Singer
- House of Engelhardt
- Kazan Cathedral
- The Assignation Bank building – now the University of Finance and Economics – and the Bank Bridge with sculptures of griffins
- St. Nicholas Naval Cathedral
Crosses Kryukov Canal near Sadovaya street.