The Italian bridge is a pedestrian metal beam bridge-heat pipeline across the Griboedov Canal in the Central District of St. Petersburg, connecting the Kazansky and Spassky Islands. An object of cultural heritage of Russia of regional significance.
It is a continuation of Italian Street next to the Church of the Resurrection of Christ (Savior on Spilled Blood). Upstream is the Novo-Konyushenny Bridge, below is the Kazansky Bridge. The nearest metro (300 m) is Nevsky Prospekt station, exit to the Griboyedov Canal.
In 1896, a single-span wooden bridge was erected on the site of the former skiff transport according to the project of engineer L. N. Kolpitsyn.
In 1937, the bridge was overhauled for laying two heating pipes between its runs.
The length of the bridge is 19.66 m (22.5 m along the rear faces of the abutments); width – 3 m; estimated span – 19.5 m; the distance between the axes of the main beams is 2.39 m.
The bridge is designed to pass pedestrians and lay heating pipes.