It was built in 1825-1826 according to the project of engineer V. Tretter. It is one of the six bridges of the “chain” type of construction built in St. Petersburg in the 1820s and one of the three bridges that have survived to this day (along with the Lion and Post Office bridges).
The bridge is decorated with statues of winged lions by the sculptor P.P. Sokolov, outstanding examples of Empire monumental sculpture.
The drawing of the winged lion of the Bank Bridge is part of the logo of the Krupskaya factory.
An object of cultural heritage of Russia of federal significance.
The bridge is located between houses No. 27 and 30 along the embankment of the Griboyedov Canal. The axis of the bridge is oriented against the center of the gates of the former State Assignation Bank – at the place where the channel, changing its direction, makes a turn. Near the bridge is the Kazan Cathedral. Upstream is the Kazansky Bridge, intersect with Nevsky Avenue, below – the Flour Bridge. The nearest metro (410 m) is Nevsky Prospekt station, exit to the Griboyedov Canal.
Single-span beam bridge, chains play a decorative role.The total length of the bridge (along the rear faces of the pedestals) is 25.42 m, the width of the bridge between the railings is 1.83, the total width is 3.25 m.