ANDORRA SHOPPING FESTIVAL 2018! THE EVENTS SEEM ENDLESS!
Street Music, Children’s events, Beauty Moments, Street Art Shopping, Gastronomy, photographic competition…
This autumn, music will give you wings to discover new purchases in Andorra’s shopping avenues and streets. While you go for a stroll, live concerts, numerous workshops and activities for all ages will accompany you, and, to top it off, the Principality’s restaurants are proposing gastronomic delights.
All of this and more is at your disposal on 1st – 4th and 9th – 11th November in Andorra la Vella and Escaldes-Engordany, as well as at Pas de la Casa on 2nd, 3rd and 10th November.
- Enrol in “Beauty Showroom” workshops, where you will receive useful advice about fashion and beauty.
- Discover Street Art Shopping.
- Revel in the street festivities which offer a great variety of music, with concerts and shows. (See below)
- If you come with the family, you will find all sorts of fun for mini-shoppers with shows and many workshops.
- And to recuperate, what better way than the 12thedition of the Andorra at the Table to taste local products from the country’s gastronomy (from 2 November to 2 December).
Place and dates: from 1st to 11th November at the shopping centres of Andorra la Vella, Escaldes-Engordany and Pas de la Casa.
STREET MUSIC THURSDAY 1ST – SUNDAY, 11TH NOVEMBER
- THURSDAY, 1st November from 19h – 21h at Carlemany, 60 Escaldes–Engordany. Four Flags. Four Flags is made up of five musicians: Riccardo Sandrini (vocals); Jordi Diaz (double bass); Martin Blanco (drums); Eric Lepoix and Chris d’Annunzio (guitar). Their style ranges from the most aggressive rock to more indie and commercial music.
- Thursday, 19h – 21h at Meritxell, 89 Andorra la Vella. Scaramouche. They play swing, jazz and manouche which means that you can’t stop moving. Their repertory includes cover versions that go from the most classic swing to funk, bossa and the most manouche rumba plus a divers vision of gypsy jazz.
- FRIDAY, 2nd November from 12h – 13h and from 15h – 16h in the C/de les Abelletes, Pas de la Casa. Les Enjoliveurs. Four eccentric musicians armed with trumpet, drums and saxophone and backed up by a bright orange bobsleigh! Expect a festive and spectacular show.
- Friday from 16h – 20h in the Plaça Príncep Benlloch, Andorra la Vella. The Lucky Dices! have created a repertoire of the best known songs of soul and blues. The Lucky Dices! with Rocío Angue singer, you will enjoy the emotion and the image of the divas of soul and blues. With jewels of more than 50 years of musical culture, they will play songs for all ages!
- Friday from 17h – 21h Meritxell, 89 Andorra la Vella. Bossa On. Travel to Brazil without moving from home. Passionate about the bossa nova? Then this group is for you! Lari Antunes (vocals); Héctor Colom (flute); Bruno Butenas (guitar); and Jonas Santana (tambourine) will delight you with the most delicate and seductive versions of the bossa nova.
- Friday from 17h – 21h itinerant between Riberaygua & Historic Centre, Andorra la Vella. Perculights. A street-traveling show for all audiences in which movement, rhythm and percussion generate real-time light that lets you see the musicians at every step! Perculights has designed an interactive wireless system in which the sound of the drums acts directly on a LED system to give the rhythms light and colour.
- Friday from 17:30h – 21:30h at Carlemany, 60 Escaldes–Engordany. Mundo Loco. Mundo Loco is an all-star cover band. The three artists will play hits of rock and pop with songs that go from the Beatles and Stones, to Santana, James Brown, Tequila, Oasis, White Stripes or The Killers! Enjoy a concert packed with high quality energy, good vibes and rock & roll.
- Friday from 19h – 20:30h at the Plaça de la Rotonda, Andorra la Vella. La Loca Histéria. Loca Histéria has the ability to reach out and touch your soul. They have a passion for disco, pop and rock music, and they present a multicoloured show paying maximum attention to image and staging while constantly interacting with the public
- Friday from 20:30h – 22h at the Plaça Copríceps, Escaldes–Engordany. We Love Queen. We Love Queen is a homage to the legendary rock band in a never-before-seen way. We Love Queen offers another way to hear some of the most incredible songs of one of the most legendary rock bands of the 20th century. Themes such as: It’s a kind of magic, Crazy Little Thing Called Love or We will rock you..
- SATURDAY, 3rd November from 12h – 13h & from 15h – 16h in the C/de les Abelletes, Pas de la Casa. Les Enjoliveurs – Les Wagonotes. The Wagonotes invite you on an exciting trip! Everyone follows their own rhythm. Thanks to this lively, festive musical escapade, you will go on a journey through time.
- Saturday from 16h – 20h at Plaça Príncep Benlloch, Andorra la Vella. Shake & Laü. Three eclectic musicians, all passionate about roots music. A trio formed by Laura Pastor (vocals); Antonio Fernández (double bass) and Ernesto Olvera (piano). You can find everything from a wild boogie to a warm and at the same time crude cover of Bruce Springsteen with Latin-jazz airs.
- Saturday from 17h – 21h at Meritxell, 89 Andorra la Vella. DIVAS. Enjoy a unique concert that pays tribute to the great divas of modern music from Beyoncé to Madonna, through Lady Gaga, Cher, Whitney Houston, Aretha Franklin and Adele. dDivas is made up of a Trio de Lux: Zoraida Montlleó (vocals); Rafael Rodríguez (piano) and Xavier Navarro (acoustic guitar).
- Saturday from 17h – 21h itinerant between Riberaygua & Historic Centre, Andorra la Vella. Sound de Secà. With Sound de Secà, percussion is everything! You will enjoy the best percussion, accompanied by a cocktail of explosive rhythms and spectacular choreographies.
- Saturday from 17:30h –21:30h in the Carlemany, 60 Escaldes–Engordany. White Line Fever. White Line Fever is one of the few country-rock style veteran groups. Their repertoire is based on classics by Alan Jackson, Garth Brooks and Brooks & Dunn combining themes of the great king of the MGP, Elvis Presley! The group’s singer has even doubled Elvis’ voice on TV ads!
- Saturday from 19:30h – 21h in the Plaça de la Rotonda, Andorra la Vella. The Excitements. An explosive cocktail of old fashioned rhythm & blues and soul, seasoned with touches of the best rock and roll by the group’s excellent singer, the effervescent Mozambican Koko-Jean Davis. The band is strongly influenced by the best of black music from the last century with its metal section rooted in the purest tradition of combos of the early 1960’s. The eccentric show offered by the musicians is a combination of the most furious and authentic R & B and ground breaking ballads.
- Saturday from 20:30h – 21h in the Plaça Copríceps, Escaldes–Engordany. Clarence Bekker Milton. Clarence Bekker Milton is a true soul singer with a dark, deep, vibrant voice and a passion for the legends of vocal jazz, soul, funk and dance music. He was the youngest member of Swinging Soul Machine band, with which he performed in more than 20 countries and was ranked as Top 10 on the Billboard lists USA and the Netherlands.
- SUNDAY, 4th November from 12h – 14h at Meritxell, 89 Andorra la Vella. The Swing Girls. This charismatic musical group made up of three great voices: La Mar, Suzanne and Fanny have a repertoire, which “is music for the soul”, from the 50s, 60s and 70s combined with contemporary music by artists such as Amy Winehouse and Megan Trainor. With The Swing Girls costumes play a very important role, with authentic replicas that represent the femininity and the elegance of the 50’s.
90 YEARS OF MAGIC: COME TO MICKEY MOUSE’S HOUSE
In the Plaça del Poble, Andorra La Vella
Open every day from Thursday, 1st to Saturday, 3rd November from
11h – 14h and 16h – 20h. Sunday from 11h – 14h.
- As part of Mickey’s 90th celebrations, the magic has moved to Visit his house, a very cosy wooden cottage full of a festive atmosphere. Join in the activity workshops: knit Mickey’s socks, create hats for your friends, design some Mickey or Minnie’s ears, make Christmas greeting cards, paint original images of Disney and many more. (Lots more for children if you go online – see above).