It was built in 1491 by the Italian architect Pietro Antonio Solari by the order of Ivan III. The tower was called “deaf” or Nameless for a long time; it received its modern name in 1788 after constructing the Senate building opposite it. As part of the ensemble of the Moscow Kremlin, it is included in the UNESCO World Cultural Heritage List.
Nearest metro stations: Okhotny Ryad, Teatralnaya, Revolution Square, Kitay-gorod.
Red square ensemble (full list):