Savvinskaya Embankment is located on the left bank of the Moskva River in Khamovniki between Rostovskaya Embankment and Novodevichy Proyezd (Moscow, Russia).
Just like Savvinsky lanes, the embankment was named at the beginning of the 20th century after the patriarchal settlement of the Savvin (Savvinsky) monastery located here in the 15th-17th centuries (it was first mentioned in the will of 1454 of Peter Dobrynsky, who transferred “the monastery of St. Sava to the Metropolitan of Kyiv and All Rus’” ).
Savvinskaya embankment is a continuation of Rostovskaya and starts from the 1st Vrazhsky lane. Passes to the south-west opposite Berezhkovskaya embankment, on the left it is adjoined by 2nd Truzhenikov Lane, Lev Vygotsky Lane and Maly Savvinsky, after Novodevichy Passage it passes into Novodevichy Embankment.
Main attractions and facilities around: Kiyevsky railway station, Europe Square, Rostovskaya embankment, Bogdan Khmelnitsky Bridge, Radisson Slavyanskaya hotel.
Nearest metro: Kievskaya station