Built for the first time in the 11th and 12th centuries, the fortified complex of Cournonterral was located at the top of the hill overlooking the Coulazou (on an ancient place of occupation, near an abundant source). It is from this period that the two main vestiges of the castle date, the Saracen tower and the tower located near the manor (the two remaining towers of a set). Fortified and rebuilt over the centuries in the 14th and 16th centuries, the city wall was destroyed by subsidence at the end of the 17th century.
Still standing proudly above the village, the two towers are located in the heart of the old village. The walls of the ramparts of 1344, repaired and fortified in 1393 had 6 towers and 2 turrets.
Château Mallet dates from the 18th century, a rectangular main building on two levels flanked by square pavilions at angles with pointed roofs.
Coordinates: 43°33′32″N 3°43′12″E