One of the architectural monuments of the last quarter of the 19th century is the N.A. Alekseev’s mansion is in the center of Moscow, a ten-minute walk from Tverskaya and Pushkinskaya metro stations.
Opposite is the House-Museum of K.S. Stanislavski.
The blue two-story mansion, built in the 1880s, belonged to the famous entrepreneur and philanthropist Nikolai Alexandrovich Alekseev, who, from 1885-1893, served as the Moscow mayor. Being a representative of the famous Alekseev merchant dynasty, Nikolai Aleksandrovich is the cousin of Konstantin Sergeevich Stanislavski.
The architect D.N. Chichagov, author of some public buildings in Moscow, designed the building in the second half of the 19th century. The facade of the mansion is decorated with stucco. Sandrik windows are decorated with macarons in the form of elegant female heads. Exquisite metal lattices of gates, entrances and fences have been preserved to this day.
In 2007, the floors and roofs were replaced during the restoration of the architectural monument. The former Alekseev mansion houses the UN Office in Moscow and various international organizations today.