The theater was organized on December 1, 1918 by a group of Petrograd artists headed by Lyubov Vasilievna Shaporina-Yakovleva and was called the Petrograd State Puppet Theater.
The first performances took place on April 12, 1919. The audience saw the Tale of Tsar Saltan by A. S. Pushkin and the Nativity scene by M. Kuzmin.
In 1930, the Shaporina-Yakovleva Puppet Theater merged with the Petrushka Theater of Yevgeny Demmeni under the name “Leningrad State Marionette Theater under the direction of Evg. Demmeni”.
Address: Russia, 191023, St. Petersburg, Nevsky prospect, 52
Tel/fax: +7 (812) 310-58-79
Multichannel: +7 (812) 571-19-00
Cash desk: +7 (812) 571-21-56
from 10.30 to 18.00
lunch from 14.15 to 15.15
E-mail: [email protected]
Return of electronic tickets: [email protected]