Bolsheokhtinsky Bridge is a bridge across the Neva River in Saint Petersburg, Russia. The bridge’s length is 334 meters, the width is 23 meters. The bridge features three spans; the central one can be drawn.
The bridge itself was manufactured in Warsaw (Firma Braci Ruckich – Rucki Bros. Metalworks in Warsaw), and components were transported to the construction site and assembled. This is described by the bronze plaque (120 cm by 180 cm) that can be seen from the pedestrian walkway on the right pylon if crossing from the left side of Neva.
The bridge was open for traffic on October 26, 1911. In 1956 the bridge was renamed Bolsheokhtinsky after the Big Okhta river, but in 2004 the original name was partially restored, although the title of Emperor was dropped from the name. Today people call this bridge both Peter the Great Bridge and Bolsheokhtinsky Bridge.
The bridge is designed for vehicular and pedestrian traffic. The carriageway of the bridge includes 4 traffic lanes. There are transport tunnels on the right and left banks. The road surface within the adjustable and fixed spans is made of cast asphalt concrete.
Upstream is the Alexander Nevsky bridge.