Spanish Salvador with chassis R 517 from 1922. Made in Barcelona.
Salvador was a Catalan brand of motorcycles, manufactured in Barcelona between 1923 and 1930 by Industrias Salvador (cat. Industrias Salvador), a well-known manufacturer of wheels for automotive. Founded by Salvador Grau, the company was initially headquartered at 72 Rogent Street and later moved to 527 Provença Street in Barcelona.
The Salvador motorcycles included a range that went from the single-cylinder ones of 125 to the two-cylinder ones of 350 cc, with own two-stroke and four-stroke motors (Train, Moser and MAG). The total production has been quantified in about 200 units.
In 1922, Salvador undertook the project of building an autocycle, but shortly after its presentation he stopped production and focused on his traditional activity, resuming the production of wheels and wheels and starting the motorcycle. The Salvador cyclecar, equipped with a 2-cylinder MAG engine in V, was a simple but well-built car, with an independent front suspension with double crossbow, similar to that of the David, and cardan transmission.
This exhibit comes from The Salvador Claret Automobile Collection