- Old Capitular Houses and jail, 16th century
- Spain Square
- Parish of Santa Catalina de Alejandría, Virgen y Mártir
- Torre de Guzmán: it is the keep of the Castle of Conil built by Alonso Pérez de Guzmán, Guzmán el bueno (XIV-XV centuries)
- Arch of the Villa
- Atalaya Park
- Old Market in the Plaza de Santa Catalina
- Fishing port; it is possible to attend the fish market to see a live fish auction”
- La Chanca Tuna Museum
- Chapel of the Holy Spirit: It was founded and built by the spouses Antón Manuel and Leonor Gil in the year 1586 for “Greater Glory of God, relief of their consciences and rest of their bodies”. The place where the chapel is built was donated to Antón Manuel, councilor of the town hall and captain of the militias, by the Duke of Medina Sidonia. The first watchtower tower was built on this site by the dukes.
- Almenaras Towers of the Coast
- Torre Castilnovo, this tower defines the border with the town of Vejer de la Frontera
- Torre del Puerco, delimits the municipality of Conil with the neighboring town of Chiclana de la Frontera
- Museo de Raíces Conileñas: It gathers a collection of 900 objects, of which about 850 are exhibited. The exhibited objects come from donations from the partners, others are transferred in deposit and others have been acquired as property by the museum.
- Hermitage of Nuestra Señora María Auxiliadora (Barrio Nuevo, El Colorado), built in 1931 and restored in 2006.
It has six beaches: Playa La Fontanilla, Playa El Roqueo (with a 1936 Civil War bunker), Playa Fuente del Gallo, Playa Punta Lejos, Playa Cala del Aceite and Playa los Bateles. Playa los Bateles is the longest and the most popular in the summer.
Los Bateles beach has an area of 850 meters long by 130 meters wide, and runs along the center of the town from the mouth of the Salado River. The composition of the soil is of fine golden sand, and the waves are moderate.
The beach has a promenade, and is one of the busiest in Conil, although its width allows you to settle on it without suffering excessive crowds. The area of the mouth of the Salado river is highly recommended for sports such as windsurfing. The beach is equipped with services such as rescue equipment and a parking area. In addition, there are several beach bars and a wide variety of establishments in its vicinity.
Conileño gastronomy stands out for its fish:
- Tuna with onion
- Grilled swordfish
- Fried fish
- Dorada de Conil with salt
- Dogfish in marinade
- Potatoes and carrots
- Tomato soup
- Choco in tomato
- Potatoes with choco
- White bean stew with chestnuts
- Sweet potato stew
How to get to?
From Seville 1 hr 47 min (159 km) via AP-4
From Cadiz 44 min (56.0 km) via A-48
From Madrid 6 hr 29 min (676 km) via A-66 and A-5
Area: 88 sq. km (municipality)
Coordinates: 36°16′32″N 6°05′16″W
Population: 22 785
Time: Central European UTC +1
See here best sea and ocean resorts of France and Spain (223 objects)