The red SIMCA 1200 S Coupe from 1969, 1204 cc, 80 HP, max. speed 175 km/h
The Simca Coupé 1000 and its successor, the Simca 1200S are small, rear-engined two-door coupés (described by one well informed commentator as “Pseudo-sportives”) which were produced by Simca between 1962 and 1971. Simca also provided the engine and the mechanical underpinnings while the small elegant bodies were built in Turin by Bertone before being transferred for final assembly to Simca’s Poissy plant and an assembly plant in Rotterdam (1200S only) on specially configured trains.
The change of name in 1967 marked a major upgrade that included the installation of a more powerful engine and styling adjustments enforced by moving the radiator from the rear to the front of the car. This improved weight distribution, but the engine itself remained at the back.
944 cc Type 315 OHV I4
1204 cc Type 315 OHV I4
Transmission: 4-speed manual all-synchromesh