The French MGC 500 N 3A from 1931, one cylinder, 490 cc, 19 HP, 130 km/h
MGC is a historic French motorcycle brand.
Marcel Guiget was born in 1901 in the village of Corbelin in the department of Isère (Auvergne-Rhône-Alpes region). His father and uncles owned a well-equipped woodworking workshop and young Marcel soon became familiar with working with machines. After school he worked for a while in his father’s company, where he built his first motorcycle in 1918, complete with a self-developed 4 hp four-stroke engine and front and rear suspension.
After his military service, he worked for several other companies, including Hispano-Suiza and Gnome et Rhône. In 1928 he founded his own company with his brother Joseph. During the First World War, Joseph had served with Escadrille 3, nicknamed Escadrille des Cigognes (Escadrille of the Storks), which is why a stork was chosen as the company logo.