Rolls-Royce Phantom V Touring Limousine by James Young from 1961.
James Young Limited was a top class British coach building business in London Road, Bromley, England.
The Rolls-Royce Phantom V is a large four-door limousine produced by Rolls-Royce Limited from 1959 to 1968. Based on the Silver Cloud II, it shares a V8 engine and General Motors Hydra-Matic automatic gearbox with that model. Rolls-Royce assembled the cars’ chassis and drivetrains with bodies made to standard designs by coachbuilders Park Ward and James Young, former vendors absorbed by Rolls-Royce.
The engine is a 6,230 cc 90-degree V8 with twin SU carburettors, coupled to a 4-speed automatic transmission. The car has massive drum brakes and a wheelbase of 3,683 mm. Power assisted steering was standard.
A shallow gear gave a walking speed which was suitable for ceremonies. From 1963 onward, the Silver Cloud III’s 7% more powerful engine and new front wings (incorporating the latter’s quad headlamps) were fitted.