OT (Oberthur Technologies), a leading global provider of embedded security software products, services and solutions, announced that it had been selected by the Andorran government to provide latest generation passports based on Lasink™ technology.
OT’s Lasink technology is used to bolster passport security and specifically passport photos. The 5-year contract covers passports, enrolment stations and photo booths.
Underpinned by OT’s patented technology, Lasink allows the document holder’s picture to be engraved directly into the polycarbonate personal data page. Lasink is the only solution on the market that is both very easy to authenticate and virtually impossible to copy. Moreover, the color technology gives polycarbonate documents a life span of more than 10 years, reports Oberthur Technologies.
Lasink is a complete ready-to-use solution that offers the following benefits:
– A fully polycarbonate personal data page with no overlay required.
– Document personalization via a unique laser whereby document holders perform all functions themselves.
– With three levels of security, Lasink is much more secure than grayscale lasers that fraudsters worldwide can very easily lay their hands on.
– Lasin is easy to authenticate with just a magnifying glass or scanner as already performed at borders.
– Items checked during authentication are impossible to replicate with existing digital printers.
– A color photo to better identify document holders.
“We are very proud to work with the Andorran government to provide them the latest generation passport that meets the most stringent security requirements. Our partnership further testifies to OT’s expertise and know-how”, said Christophe Fontaine, Managing Director of OT’s Citizen Access & Identity business.
«The Principality of Andorra wanted to align with the security measures applicable to the passports of surrounding countries and that’s why we selected the latest generation integrating the Lasink technology provided by Oberthur Technologies », stated the Minister of Social Affairs, Justice and the Interior of the Andorran government.