French Clément-Panhard Phaeton VGP from 1900, one cylinder, 765 cc, 3.5 HP, 35 km/h
Clément-Panhard is an automobile designed in 1898 by Arthur Constantin Krebs, manager of Panhard & Levassor co, from his 1896 patent of a car fitted with an electromagnetic gearbox, whose licence was acquired by Émile LEVASSOR.
When Adolphe Clément as Chairman of the Board of Directors of Panhard-Levassor and project leader, saw the factory could not meet the production requirements for circa 500 units of that new model, he undertook manufacture under licence at his factory in Levallois-Perret under the name of “Voiture Clément-Panhard (VCP)”.
The model was launched in December 1898 on the first Paris Motor Show where 300 orders were received. Production ran at least until 1902.