Best 4×4. Soviet UAZ 469 hand made vehicle. MAD MAX style
The UAZ-469 is an off-road military light utility vehicle manufactured by UAZ. It was used by Soviet and other Warsaw Pact armed forces, as well as paramilitary units in Eastern Bloc countries. In the Soviet Union, it also saw widespread service in state organizations that needed a robust and durable off-road vehicle. Standard military versions included seating for seven personnel.
UAZ-469 was designed to transport people, cargo and light car trailers on all types of roads. The development of the car began in the 1950s, in 1958 the first prototype was built under the name UAZ-460. The car looks like an American jeep – a strong utilitarian SUV, but not very comfortable. Interestingly, already in 1965, images of the UAZ-469 could be found in the Soviet press, but it was still far from the launch of the car into production.
The first UAZ-469 rolled off the assembly line of the Ulyanovsk Automobile Plant on December 15, 1972. They replaced the GAZ-69. As an aggregate base, the GAZ-21 Volga, well known to the mechanics of those years, known for its reliability and structural safety margin, was largely used.
Under the UAZ-469 index, the car was produced until 1985, after which, in accordance with the industry system of 1966, it received the four-digit number 3151 (the UAZ-469B car received the number 31512).