European banks: best banks of Andorra. Banking secrecy
The assets under the management of 4 Andorran banks (01/01/2016): 44.982 mln euro
2. Solvency: 21.22%
3. Liquidity: 65.46%
4. Return on equity: 12.6%
5. The share of outstanding debts: 3.33%
6. Liabilities makeup (cumulative): zero debt. The banks are mostly backed up by means of customer inputs (75% of cumulative liabilities) and joint-stock funds (10% of liabilities).
7. Banking sector is managed by the National Financial Institution of Andorra (INAF).
8. The banking secrecy is regulated by the legislation: the Law on Banking Secrecy with amendments from May 11, 1995.
9. Tax information exchange presupposes the format of individual applications (the Law 9/2009—September 7), i.e. automatic information exchange is prohibited. All applications should be reasoned or should have a legal confirmation of the fact that an applicant has got an account at the given Andorran bank.
10. Currently one in five banks in Andorra – Banca Privada d’Andorra, SA – is in the process of restructuring in connection with the scandal related to the US Treasury Department’s accusation of money laundering. On the basis of “clean assets” of the bank, a new banking structure Vallbanc was created.
Open bank account. Checking account
“Compliance” procedure. Such meetings may take place with the representatives of the banks in Andorra, Moscow, Kiev, Athens, Zürich, London and Nicosia.
The documents for “compliance” procedure: a copy of passport with the registration at the place of residence, the confirmation of money origin source (for example, the certificate on real estate sale), tax office statement on the absence of debts, the portfolio of corporate charter documents and finance statements (for legal bodies).
Accounts: personal, digital personal (without name for internal usage), corporate and saving (up to 30 global currencies).
Account opening and support: any of 5 banks of Andorra.
Minimum deposit: no (the recommended minimum account balance—100 000 euro)
The amount of transactions: up to 10 large-scale transactions per month, discussed with a personal manager. Look here for cash import and export border limits in Andorra
The limits on maximum turnover: no
Account service: 500-600 euro annually
Transfer rates: 0.50-0.60% of transfer sum. Discussed with a personal manager
Account dealing: 0.3-0.5% of face value
Banking cards (annual service): from 20 euro (visa “electron”) – to 200 euro (visa “platinum”). ATM cashing terms are from 4% in euro up to 5% in other currencies. The insurance of any card type is available.
Banking cards credit limit: 1500 euro per day. Discussed with a personal manager
Account management: e-banking is free. Interface is English and Spanish. It is preferable to confirm transactions by phone or e-mail.
The selection of the bank: is determined after the consultation with a client, when the preferences are clear
International expansion: EU countries, Southern and Northern America (depending on the bank)
Major services offered by Andorran banking system:
Classical fixed deposit
–Simple structured products
–The list of recommended bonds
–The list of recommended shares
–Credit line or “shoulder”
–The list of recommended hedge funds
–Futures and warrants
–Exchange traded funds
Source: Department of statistics.
|Number of Branches||53||53||56||40||42|
|Number of employees||1.134||1.180||1.703||2.462||2.804|
|Network of cash dispensers||–||134||151||151||153|
|Financial aggregate (million EUR)|
|Credit investment (gross)||2.114,3||4.804,2||7.136,0||7.148,9||6.337,8|