Cierva C.8

The Cierva C.8 was an experimental autogyro built by Juan de la Cierva in England in 1926 in association with Avro. Like Cierva’s earlier autogyros, the C.8s were based on existing fixed-wing aircraft fuselages – in this case, the Avro 552.

Country: United Kingdom

First flight: May 1928

Length: 36 ft (11 m)

Wingspan: 23 ft 2 in (7.06 m)

Height: 14 ft 9 in (4.50 m)

Crew: 1

Engine: Armstrong Siddeley Linx IV

Power: 180 HP

Max speed: 160 km/h

Ceiling: 1000 m

Range: 380 km

Empty weight: 1,735 lb (787 kg)

Bourget Museum (ParisFrance)

Read more: Helicopters with Martin Anderson ...