Vladimirskaya Square is one of the central squares of St. Petersburg. It is located at the intersection of Zagorodny and Vladimirsky prospekts, Kolokolnaya street, Kuznechny lane and Bolshaya Moskovskaya street.
The modern name has been known since 1844. Given according to the Church of the Mother of God of Vladimir (Vladimirsky Prospekt, house number 20).
From October 6, 1923 to July 10, 1950 – Nakhimson Square. Named after the revolutionary S.M. Nakhimson.
On October 19, 1986, Vladimirskaya Square became the site of the first mass action in Leningrad demanding the protection of historical heritage (Delvig’s House).
In 1997, a monument to F.M. Dostoevsky was erected.