Vaccination against influenza in Andorra starts on 10th October and lasts until 31st December, reports the Ministry of health. This year the ministry planst to make about 6,000 vaccinations (5837 was held last year).
The goal of the campaign – to reduce mortality from influenza Andorran of the population in risk zone:
– People older 65 years
– pregnant women,
– children (6 months to 18 years), who were on long-term treatment with acetylsalicylic acid because of the risk of Reye’s syndrome after influenza infection,
– persons who have been hospitalized in the past year,
– children and adults who suffer from cardiovascular disease and (or) chronic respiratory disease (including asthma)
– individuals with Down’s syndrome,
– persons with chronic metabolic diseases, including diabetes,
– persons with renal dysfunction
– persons with immunosuppression,
– persons suffering from morbid obesity.
Vaccination is also recommended for health care workers, employees of public services (firemen, police, civil protection), prisoners and prison staff.
The vaccine will be free for persons who are at the risk zone. The vaccine is available at health centers with primary health-care prescription (people over 65 don’t need prescription)