Cheap ski vacations. 14 “PROS” for winter vacations in Andorra
Andorra cheap ski vacation
1. Ski resorts of Andorra have more than 320 km of slopes with a high level of training. In Andorra regularly sports (including the final steps) events at the highest level take place: World and European Championships in Alpine skiing, World Cup Alpine skiing, World Cup “Flying kilometer”, the Freeride World Tour (FWT), Total Fight Masters of Freestyle, and many others.
2. Ski resorts in Andorra is the maximum percentage of concentration of ski lift systems per sq. m in the world with a capacity of 160 thousand people per hour. Grandvalira and Vallnord are included in the TOP 20 best resorts in the world according the World Ski Awards.
3. Andorra is the sunniest ski resort of Europe. Winter vacation in Andorra – it is more than 300 sunny days a year. Deeply below zero the temperature drops at night, the daytime average temperature in December–March ranges from -5 to +5 degrees.
4. Ski vacations in Andorra gives you the daily opportunity to combine during a day skiing with an evening visit to the thermal baths of Caldea INUU (the largest in Sothern Europe).
5. Ski vacations in Andorra in cheap hotels. Andorra closes the list of TOP 10 cheapest hotels of European cities made by the world’s largest hotel search systems in 2016. Luxury ski vacations are also available in Andorra at the 5 stars hotels in El Tarter and Soldeu just right near the slopes.
6. Cheap prices for ski equipment and clothes – the lowest in Europe. VAT in Andorra has the lowest rate in Europe – 4.5%. Andorra – is one of the cheapest shopping centres of Western Europe, that’s why more than 5 mln. tourists from Spain and France visit Andorra for shop tours.
7. The price of a SKI PASS in Andorra – one of the lowest in Europe.
8. Unlike other European ski resorts, from your hotel near the slopes you can get by car or a bus to the centre of the capital of Andorra la Vella for 20 minutes for minimum additional expences. There you can find all possible infrastructure for spend an evening: discos, best restaurants, cinemas and theatres, exhibition halls.
9. Family vacations in Andorra – it is a variety of infrastructure for children like: Park Naturlandia (with its longest toboggan in Europe), Olympic skating Ice Palace of Canillo, Comunal Theatre of Andorra la Vella which holds regular children shows and perfomances.
10. Huge historical heritage of the country, concentrated in a small area: the entire area of Andorra is 468 square kilometres, it allows you to cross the country from the border with Spain to the border with France, no more than for 40 minutes. Being a part of the Pyrenees, Andorra was obviously swayed by the cultures of foreign countries. Alongside with that, in spite of its relatively small territory, this country has got a lot of authentic staff, which is evident in its architecture. Pre-Roman and Romanesque periods lasted here much longer than in other European countries, where the succession of art styles was much more dynamic.
11. There are almost 20 museums in small Andorra, starting with the biggest in Pyrenees autocars museums in Encamp and finishing with unique museum of Miniatures in Ordino. MULTITICKET (Passmuseu, 19 euro) has become the most convenient way for the visitors to attend all museums of Andorra. In 2017 Baroness von Thyssen moved part of her paintings collection from Madrid to Andorra. New Museum of Arts opened in March 2017.
12. Excursions in Andorra. Those who visit Andorra can make a closer acquaintance with the natural beauty of its valleys and historical heritage by means of manifold touristic excursions that encompass the whole country. They allow travelling back to the past of the country, to the times when bishops, feudals and peasants used to live in harmony.
13. Luxury ski vacations in Andorra became more available since 2015 when an air taxi service from the Spanish airport of La Seu D´Urgell (20 minutes car drive from Andorra la vella) to the biggest cities in Europe launches its services.