ZiS (ZiL) 151. Made in 1955. The first serial Soviet truck with the chassis 6×6, with three live beam axles, adapted and strengthened for conditions in the USSR. Power – 92 hp.
Moscow transport museum
The ZIS-151 (Russian: ЗИС-151) was a general-purpose truck produced by the Soviet car manufacturer Automotive Factory No. 2 Zavod imeni Stalina in 1948–1958. In 1956, the factory was renamed to Zavod imeni Likhacheva, and new trucks were called ZIL-151 (ЗИЛ-151).
The ZIS-151 was the first major Soviet military all-wheel-drive truck built following World War II, replacing the imported U.S. Studebaker US6 and the earlier Soviet ZIS-6. In early 1948, the cabs were made of wood, soon replaced with a steel cab. Tens of thousands were produced, including specialized versions for hauling different types of cargo. The Soviets also found the trucks an ideal platform for BM-13 Katyusha rocket launchers.
The most famous developments of ZIS-151 were the BTR-152 armored personnel carrier and the BAV 485 amphibious vehicle. Due to de-Stalinization the ZIS-151 was renamed in 1956 to ZIL-151.
In 1958, an improved model, the ZIL-157, was introduced and replaced the ZIS-151. It differed outwardly by its grille and having single rear tires, instead of the ZIL-151’s dual tires.
In 1956, the Chinese began building the ZIS-151 under license as the Jiefang CA-30 at First Automobile Works, with slightly more power and angular front fenders. The improved single tire CA-30, introduced in 1958, remained in production until 1986.