The tower is located outside the territory of the Montjuïc fortress, square with a rectangular opening, framed by stone, and a curious structure of loopholes, imitating medieval ones.
Built by the French near St. John’s Tower, it was destroyed on July 8, 1809. The new tower is named after Marshal Louis Gabriel Suchet, who led the demolition of the fortifications of Girona in 1812 when the French forces retreated. During the siege of 1843, one of General Prim’s bombs tore off the top and left it as it is today.
GPS coordinates: 41 ° 59 ′ 24 ″ N, 2 ° 49 ′ 53 ″ E