The Rennes-les-Bains spa resort is located in the Aude Upper Valley (Haute Vallée de l’Aude), Occitania region, just 13 km from Rennes-le-Château town.
The resort recognized therapeutic properties, mild climate, a large number of sunny days a year, the local residents’ hospitality – all this creates the right atmosphere for a relaxing holiday with the whole family. Sources are open from late April to late October.
Rennes-les-Bains town has maintained its traditions since antiquity improving its heritage over the years. The springs’ water is slightly mineralized and contains sulfites – salts of sulfurous acid, calcium, magnesium, and iron. The springs water temperature is from 33 ° C to 44 ° C. Rennes-les-Bains spring water is approved and recommended for the rheumatological diseases and the osteoarticular injuries consequences treatment.
These thermal waters’ therapeutic effects lead to a pain decrease during degenerative, inflammatory and metabolic rheumatological conditions, and the elements contained in thermal water play a sedative, detoxifying and anti-inflammatory role.
At the complex:
- Thermal water pool with 35-37° temperature
- Hydromassage bath providing sedative effect and muscle relaxation
- A thin jet shower massaging the whole body
- A jet shower is a stimulating thermal shower with adjustable pressure
- Clay wrap
- Thermal water vapor
- Aqua aerobics in the pool is the collective sessions led by a physiotherapist to stimulate the muscles and joints functioning
- Underwater massage for muscular and psychological relaxation.
The main therapeutic indications:
- Degenerative rheumatism: osteoarthritis, gonarthrosis, p synovitis, tendonitis, tenosynovitis, sciatica
- Inflammatory rheumatism: rheumatoid arthritis, ankylosing spondylitis
- Metabolic rheumatism: gout, chondrocalcinosis
- The consequences of injuries: painful consequences, rigidity, swelling after a fracture, painful consequences of dislocations and sprains, algodystrophy syndrome with an especially shoulder-arm syndrome
There is an office of medical specialists in heat treatment on the complex territory.
There are several family and chain restaurants near the spa center. These include Pizzeria de la place pizzeria, l’Or Loge KFE restaurant and bar, Hostellerie de Rennes-les-Bains, la Renaissance restaurants, and le Père Tranquille (translated as “Calm Dad”) brasserie.
How to get there?
From Andorra: via CG2, N22, N20, D613, D117, D118, D52
From Carcassonne: via D118, D52
From Toulouse: via A61, D63, D21, D623, D118, D52