The Green Cottereau from 1899 with two V cylinders, 5 HP, 40 km/h
The cyclist Louis Cottereau and his brother Henri Cottereau founded the bicycle production company in Dijon in 1891 and began building automobiles in 1898. In 1911 the company was renamed Constructions Industrielles Dijonaises and the vehicles were henceforth marketed as CID.
The first model had an air-cooled V2 engine with a displacement of 1272 cm³ and 5 hp. This was followed by the 3 ½ CV models and the four-cylinder 10 CV and 20 CV models.
In 1903 the 5 CV single-cylinder model was added, and in 1904 a three-cylinder model with a displacement of 2500 cm³. In 1906 there were, among others, the models 8 CV, 12/14 CV and a six-cylinder racing car with a displacement of 18,300 cm³.
The 12 CV had a two-cylinder engine with a displacement of 1701 cm³ with a bore of 95 mm and a stroke of 120 mm. The wheelbase was 2261 mm, the track width was 1181 mm. The tires had a diameter of 760 mm and a width of 90 mm. In 1908 the four-cylinder 22/26 CV model with a displacement of 4200 cm³ was added, and in 1910 the single-cylinder 9 CV model.
Vehicles of this brand can be seen at the Musée Henri Malartre in Rochetaillée-sur-Saône and at Autoworld Brussels in Brussels.
Its first car, the Voiturine, was built in 1898, it was a small automobile with four seats, with a V-twin. Shortly after, the firm tried its hand in competitive sports, but gave it up afterwards. Its cars are distinguished by their round shape with a large radiator which becomes the emblem of the brand.
The brand ended its history in 1914.