The Swiss Motosacoche Type 311 F from 1932
Motosacoche was founded in 1899, by Henri and Armand Dufaux, in Geneva, Switzerland. Motosacoche was once the biggest Swiss motorcycle manufacturer, known also for its MAG (Motosacoche Acacias Genève) engines, used by other European motorcycle manufacturers.
From 1900 Motosacoche produced a bicycle auxiliary engine in a subframe that could be installed into a conventional bicycle. The details of the engine were hidden behind covers, and to some this looked like an engine in a bag, hence the Motosacoche name, meaning “engine in a bag”.