The French Delahaye Parade Type 148L by Alphonse Guilloré coachbuilders from 1950, six cylinders, four speeds.
The car was used by French Top officials, in particular by Jean de Lattre de Tassigny. Jean Joseph Marie Gabriel de Lattre de Tassigny was a French army general during World War II and the First Indochina War. He was posthumously elevated to the dignity of Marshal of France.
Alphonse Guilloré is a renowned automobile bodybuilder from Courbevoie. He created his company on July 23, 1924. He worked for many manufacturers, but it was not until 1937 that he became known by dressing Delahaye.
His first collaboration with Delahaye took place in 1934 with a 6-seater super luxury limousine on chassis type 154.
Delahaye was a family-owned automobile manufacturing company, founded by Émile Delahaye in 1894 in Tours, France. Manufacturing was moved to Paris following incorporation with two unrelated brothers-in-law as equal partners in 1898. The company built a low volume line of limited production luxury cars with coachbuilt bodies; trucks; utility and commercial vehicles; busses; and fire-trucks.
Delahaye made a number of technical innovations in its early years; and, after establishing a racing department in 1932, the company came to particular prominence in France in the mid-to-late 1930s, with its Type 138, Type 135SC, and type 145 cars winning numerous races, and setting International records. The company faced setbacks due to the Second World War, and was taken over by amalgamation with arch competitor Hotchkiss in 1954. Both were taken over by the Brandt organization, within mere months, with automotive product manufacturing ended.