Belongs to the St. Petersburg diocese of the Russian Orthodox Church, is part of the Admiralty Deanery.
The Church was founded on this site on August 14, 1894 in “the memory of the marriage of Their Majesties” by the Society for the Propagation of Religious and Moral Education. This temporary temple was a wooden church transferred from Nikolaevskaya Street and assembled under the direction of Sergei and Vladimir Kondratiev. It was consecrated on December 4, 1894.
In 1896-1897, a three-story building was erected nearby, which housed a school and a library-reading room (architect Gustav von Goli).
The new building, designed by the academician of architecture Hermann Grimm with the participation of architects Gustav von Goli and Andrei Gun, was founded on July 25, 1904 and a year later was almost completed. It was lined with decorative bricks and finished with sandstone. The church building accommodated up to 4,000 people.
On May 11, 1906, a 1000-pound bell was raised to a tower 60 meters high.
Address: St. Petersburg, Obvodny embankment, 116.
Open for visits from 8:00 to 20:00 on weekdays and from 06:30 to 20:00 on weekends.