The Church of Nikita, the Martyr on Shviva Gorka behind the Yauza, is an Orthodox church in the Tagansky district of Moscow. It belongs to the Pokrovsky deanery of the Moscow Diocese of the Russian Orthodox Church. A compound of the Athos Panteleimon Monastery.
The main altar was consecrated in the name of the Great Martyr Nikita, the aisles – in honor of the feast of the Annunciation of the Most Holy Theotokos, in the name of the Holy Equal-to-the-Apostles Princess Olga, in the name of St. Onuphry the Great and Peter Athos.
Divine service in the courtyard has features characteristic of the Athos charter: all Sunday services are performed at night (beginning at 22 hours 30 minutes).
According to an inset plate, the existing stone church was built in 1595 by “the Moscow merchant Savva Emelyanov, son of Vagin.”
Address: Moscow, Goncharnaya street, 6.
Metro: Taganskaya (ring), Taganskaya (radial), Marksistskaya.