SOCATA ST-10 Diplomate (F-WOFN): French four-seat civil light aircraft

The Socata ST-10 Diplomate was a French four-seat civil light aircraft. It was a development of the GY-80 Horizon, and was initially known as the Super Horizon 200, later the Provence, before finally being named the ST-10 Diplomate.

Made in France

First flight: 1967

Production: 55

Crew: 1 person

Capacity: 3 passengers

Engine: Lycoming IO-360-C1B (4 cylinders)

Power: 200 HP

Speed: 280 km/h (170 mph, 150 kn)

Range: 1,385 km (861 mi, 748 nmi)

Ceiling: 5,000 m (16,000 ft)

Weight: 724 kg (1,596 lb)

Old wings (Toulouse)

SOCATA (later EADS Socata and DAHER-SOCATA) was a French producer of general aviation aircraft propelled by piston engines and turboprops, including business planes, small personal or training aircraft, as well as the production of aircraft structures for other manufacturers such as Airbus, Dassault, Embraer, Eurocopter and Lockheed Martin. The company had its headquarters, along with much of its production capabilities, located in Tarbes, France.

During 1966, the French aircraft manufacturer Morane-Saulnier changed its name to SOCATA (which is an abbreviation for Société de Construction d’Avions de Tourisme et d’Affaires, French for “Company for the construction of aircraft for tourism and business”) following its acquisition by Sud Aviation. During 2000, SOCATA became a wholly owned subsidiary of the multinational aerospace conglomerate EADS; shortly thereafter, the business was rebranded as EADS SOCATA. On 3 November 2008, EADS and French technology business DAHER announced that they had reached a final agreement for DAHER to acquire a 70% stake in EADS SOCATA. In June 2014, DAHER announced that it had acquired the remaining 30% of EADS SOCATA from Airbus Group (formerly EADS). During March 2015, the SOCATA name fell out of use, the company’s name having been changed to just Daher at this time as part of a rebranding to align the division with its parent company.

Read more: Aircrafts with Clark Perez ...