Simca 1301. Blue
The Simca 1301 and Simca 1501 are two related automobiles which were produced by the French automaker Simca from 1966 to 1975.
As a replacement to the older 1300 and 1500 models, the 1301 and 1501 models were first announced to the public in October 1966. The first public preview presentation to the press took place on August 31 of that year. The 1301 and 1501 models were the natural evolution of the previous 1300 and 1500 models with which they shared engines and mechanical parts.
At first, the engines used were the same from the 1300 and 1500 models, although they had in part been updated. The 1301 was equipped with the 1,290 cc, 4-cylinder “Rush” engine from the 1300, with overhead valves, which was powered by a single barrel carburettor. It was capable of delivering 54 hp DIN and allowed the car to reach a top speed of 135 km/h.
Similarly, the Simca 1501 was equipped with the Type 342 engine of the 1500, a 1,475 cc 4-cylinder originally powered by a single barrel carburettor, and capable of delivering 69 hp DIN. The maximum speed for the 1501 was improved slightly, reaching 147 km/h in its earliest rendition.