The Morgan 4/4 is a British motor car which has been produced by the Morgan Motor Company since 1936. It was Morgan’s first car with four wheels, the name indicating that the model has four wheels and four cylinders (earlier Morgans had been three-wheelers, typically with V-twin engines).

The Morgan Motor Company is a British motor car manufacturer owned by Italian investment group Investindustrial. It was founded in 1910 by Henry Frederick Stanley Morgan.

Morgan is based in Malvern Link, an area of Malvern, and employs approximately 220 people. Morgan produce 850 cars per year, all assembled by hand.

The waiting list for a car is approximately six months, but has sometimes been as long as ten years.

Morgan cars are unusual in that wood has been used in their construction for a century, and is still used in the 21st century for framing the body shell.

A visitor centre and museum have exhibits about the company’s history from Edwardian times until the present day, developments in automobile technology, and a display of automobiles. There are also guided tours of the factory.

Four cylinders, 1498 cc.

Read more: Transport and equipment ...