Pokrovsky Boulevard is a boulevard in the Basmanny District of the Central Administrative District of Moscow.
It was named after Pokrovka Street and the Pokrovsky Gates of the White City—part of a Boulevard ring.
It runs from Khokhlovsky Square (Khokhlovsky Lane) in the north to Vorontsovo Pole Street (Yauzsky Boulevard) in the south. The numbering of houses is carried out from Pokrovsky Gate Square, capturing houses on the outer sides of Khokhlovskaya Square.
Alleys overlook the boulevard: from the inside – Khokhlovsky, Bolshoy Tryokhsvyatitelsky, Maly Tryokhsvyatitelsky, Podkolokolny; from the outside – Barracks and Durasovsky. A tram line is laid along the boulevard, used by routes A, 3, 39.
On the odd side
No. 1/28, building 1 – the residential building of the NKVD (1936, architects Lazar Cherikover, B. V. Minikh).
No. 3, 3/1 – Pokrovsky barracks (1800-1830s). It was restored after a fire in 1812, according to the project of Domenico Gilardi.
No. 5/2 – Taganskaya telephone station, the building of late Moscow constructivism (1929, architect Vasily Martynovich).
No. 7 – the estate of the Krestovnikovs-Naydenovs, was completely rebuilt in the 1960s. The Iranian Embassy in Russia occupies the building.
No. 9 – the estate of the Krestovnikovs.
No. 9/1 – apartment house of the Krestovnikovs (1877, architect Nikolai Marfin).
No. 11 – the Durasovs’ house with two gates and a fence, architect Matvey Kazakov. One of the best works of mature classicism in Moscow at the end of the 18th century.
No. 11/1, buildings 2E, 2G – Educational and laboratory building of the Military Industrial Academy (1931, architects L. Kruglov, M. Schneider, M. Smirnov; 1950s), now – the Higher School of Economics.
On the even side
No. 2/14 – a complex of houses of the XVIII-XX centuries.
No. 4/17 – profitable possession of E. G. Olovyashnikova.
No. 4/17, p. 1 – apartment building (1913, architect Sergei Voskresensky), now owned by the Main Directorate for Servicing the Diplomatic Corps under the Russian Foreign Ministry.
No. 4/17, building 3 – storage room (1901, architect Dmitry Vinogradov; 1990s). In house 4/17, building 5, the journal’s editorial office “Russian Language at School.”
No. 4/17, building 4b – storage room – administrative building (1864; the beginning of the 20th century; 1980-1990s).
No. 6/20, p. 8 – profitable possession of the Medyntsevs.
No. 6/20, building 1 – tenement house (1867, architect Vasily Karneev).
No. 6/20, building 2 – tenement house (1878, architect Dmitry Pevnitsky).
No. 8, building 1 – the residential building of A. F. Medyntseva (1880, architect Dmitry Pevnitsky; 1893, architect Flegont Voskresensky).
No. 8, building 3 – tenement house (second half of the 18th century (?); 1880s, architect Flegont Voskresensky; 1930s).
No. 10 – Milyutinsky Garden (until 1917 – the garden of the Land Survey Office).
No. 12 – the house of Yu. T. Krestovnikova (sister of Savva Morozov). Rebuilt in the 1870s by architect Vladimir Gamburtsev; rebuilt in 1903 by architect Peter Drittenpreis.
No. 14/6 is the profitable house of Yu. T. Krestovnikova (1913, architect Ivan German).
No. 16/10, TsGFO – tenement house (1894, architect Vasily Barkov).
No. 16-18 – the city estate of F. A. Tolstoy – Karzinkins (XVIII-XIX centuries, rebuilt in 1895 by architect Vasily Barkov).
Nearest metro: Kurskaya (ring), Kitay-Gorod.