A place in the sun: Andorra
1. Andorra is the country with the highest life expectancy, according to the rating of the American Institute for Health Research and Assessment.
2. Andorra is the best medicine in the world. According to the HAQ index of the leading medical journal The Lancet, Andorra has the “best healthcare system in the world”, the second – is Iceland, the third – is Switzerland.
3. Andorra is one of the safest countries in the world. According to the World Bank’s report, Andorra ranks fifth in the world in terms of “political stability” and “no criminal situation” (index 1.32). For example, neighboring Spain is on the 31st place (index 0.01).
4. Andorra is STILL has the best private banking system. Despite the accession of Andorra to the Treaty on the automatic exchange of tax information, the service of opening a “numbered” bank account is maintained in the Principality.
5. Andorra is in the TOP 5 richest countries. Andorra’s GDP is lower only in Monaco, Liechtenstein, San Marino, Luxembourg. Standard of living: according to the International Living Index, Andorra ranks 12th in the world in terms of level and quality of life.
6. Andorra – is the centre of European shopping. Due to the lowest VAT rate in Europe (4.5%) the prices for luxury products, sport equipment, alcohol and tobacco are 15-30% cheaper than in other countries of Western Europe.
7. Prices for property are also competitive among the countries such as France, Monaco, Switzerland, Germany, Italy, Spain.
8. Andorra is the most visited country in the world by number of tourists per capita, according to the World Bank.
9. Andorra has the lowest corporate profit tax rate in Western Europe – 2%.
10. Andorra has the lowest income tax rate in Western Europe – 10%.
11. Andorra is a mountain ski resort, included in the top 15 of the best ski resorts in the world. It is the sunniest European ski resort. The total number of the sunniest days exceeds 300 during a year.
12. At least 30% of the territory of Andorra – are National parks under UNESCO protection.
13. Andorra is the only country in the world where three education systems are simultaneously represented: Andorran, French, Spanish. According to UNESCO Director Irina Bokova, “the presence of three primary education systems in Andorra – French, Spanish and Andorran – makes it possible to use this experience for the development of the Global Education First Initiative (GEFI), there are no countries with similar experience in the world. This is the only and unique experience in the world. ”
14. Andorra is a place in the sun: many famous people of Europe started to relocate to Andorra from countries such as Spain, France, Monaco, Switzerland, UK. Among them: Baroness Thyssen, Montserrat Caballé, Marc Márquez, Jorge Lorenzo, Joaquim Rodríguez…
A place in the sun