Panteleymonovsky Bridge (from 1923 to 1991 – Pestel’s Bridge) is a road arch bridge across the Fontanka River, connecting Summer Garden Island and Nameless Island in the Central District of St. Petersburg. It is one of the most beautiful and architecturally interesting bridges in the city.
The bridge is located in the concentration of historical places: directly at the Summer Garden, Engineers (Mikhailovsky) Castle. It forms an ensemble with the nearby First Engineer Bridge across the source of the Moyka River. Upstream is the Prachechny Bridge, below is the Belinsky Bridge. The nearest metro station (1.1 km) is Gostiny Dvor.
In 1957, at the initiative of Lenmosttrest, the bridge was restored, during which 82.81 m² of details were covered with pure gold, including decorations of arches. In addition, the lost floor lamps of the bridge were restored according to the project of the architect A. L. Rotach.
Later, restorations of the decorative design of the bridge took place in 1969, 1983-1984.
In 1994, a monument to Chizhik-Pyzhik was erected next to the bridge. The statue was designed by Georgian screenwriter and director Revaz Gabriadze, and it is one of the smallest statues in Saint Petersburg. Its height is 11 centimeters and weight about 5 kilograms.
In 2000, as part of the Light City program, architectural illumination of the bridge was created.