Ostankino Television Technical Center is an organization of the Federal Agency of the Russian Federation for Press and Mass Communications in the form of a federal state unitary enterprise that conducts the technical part of preparing and producing television and radio programs.
This enterprise has a program radio and television center, which includes two hardware-studio complexes (with 60 studios and a large concert studio) and several mobile television stations.
t was created on March 10, 1939, within the framework of the People’s Commissariat of Communications of the USSR as the Moscow Television Center, whose only studio, control room and room with television radio transmitters were in a newly built building (now Shabolovka Street, 37, building 7).
In October 1940, it was transferred to the Radio and Broadcasting Committee of the Council of People’s Commissars of the USSR.
The 13-story Ostankino television complex was built of glass and concrete. The end face of the building, overlooking the side of the Ostankino pond, differs from all other facades. The volume of the building exceeds 1 million m³. The total height of the building is 55 meters, and the usable area is 154,000 m².
The premises of the television center are constantly working:
ORT/Channel One (since 1995)
NTV (since 1993)
Match TV (since 2015)
Carousel (since 2010)
OTR (since 2013)
Spas (since 2005)
NTV Plus (since 1996)
Red Media (since 2005)
VID TV Company (since 1990)
TV company RTS/Ostankino (since 1997)
Media group “Red Square” (since 2007)
and almost 200 other broadcasters constantly cooperate with the TV center.
On the territory of the TTC, “Ostankino” is located at the International Institute of Film, Television and Radio Broadcasting (MICTR).