The Museum-estate of G. R. Derzhavin is the mansion of Gavriil Romanovich Derzhavin in St. Petersburg, on the Fontanka Embankment, 118, next to Derzhavinsky Lane. Since 2003, the Literary Memorial Museum, a branch of the All-Russian Museum of A. S. Pushkin.
Gavriil Romanovich Derzhavin (July 3, 1743 – July 8, 1816) – Russian poet of the Enlightenment, statesman of the Russian Empire, senator, real privy councillor.
The city estate consists of the poet’s mansion, two twin outbuildings, a small guest building and a greenhouse.
Architectural style: classicism
Architect: 1791-1793, G. P. Pilnikov; 2nd half. 1790s, 1798-1806 N. A. Lvov; early 19th century, 1846-1850 A. M. Gornostaev; garden masters V. G. Gavrilov and A. Gumler.
The decision on museumification was made in 1998. The interiors were recreated in the style of the Catherine era (based on known analogues) in 2002-2003.
The museum received its first visitors on May 28, 2003. As part of the reconstruction, the Polish Garden was recreated on the back side of the estate (admission is paid).
Address: Russia, St. Petersburg, Fontanka embankment, 118.
Phone +7 812 713-07-17, +7 812 493-45-49, +7 812 251-41-23.
Opened: Mon, Wed, Fri-Sun 10:30–18:00; Thu 12:00–20:00