Krasnopresnenskaya is a station of the Moscow Metro. It is located on the Koltsevaya line, between the Kyiv and Belorusskaya stations. Transfer to the station Barrikadnaya of the Tagansko-Krasnopresnenskaya line.
The station was opened on March 14, 1954 as part of the Belorusskaya – Park Kultury section, after the commissioning of which there were 40 stations in the Moscow Metro. The name of the station was given along Krasnaya Presnya street.
Since June 13, 2007, the Krasnopresnenskaya station has the status of an identified object of cultural heritage of Russia.
The station has one exit. The ground pavilion of the station overlooks Krasnaya Presnya and Konyushkovskaya streets. Opposite the entrance and exit of the station is the Moscow Zoo, and nearby is one of the seven “Stalin skyscrapers” – Residential building on Kudrinskaya Square.
Krasnopresnenskaya is a three-vaulted deep-laying pylon station (depth – 35.5 meters). The authors of the project are V. S. Egerev, M. P. Konstantinov, F. A. Novikov and I. A. Pokrovsky. The central and side halls have the same diameter – 8.5 m. The width of the platform of the central hall is 8.6 m, the height of the central and side halls is 5.3 m. The width of the pylon is 3.15 m, the width of the passage is 3.6 m, and the height is 4.1 m.
The pylons are lined with dark red marble with white inclusions from the Georgian Salieti deposit and surrounded by belts of white Koelga marble. The track walls of the station are lined with white marble from the Koelga deposit, and their plinth is made of olive-gray Sadakhlo marble. The geometric ornament of the floor is lined with pink-red, brown-red Emelyanovsky and light gray Yantsevsky granites and is framed by alternating stripes of black gabbro.
The station is illuminated by golden chandeliers with white shades, which are suspended along the axis of the vaults. Marble benches were installed along the pylons from the side of the platforms and from the side of the central hall, but in the 1990s some of the benches in the central hall were removed.
The theme of the station’s decoration is the revolutionary movement of 1905 and 1917 in the Russian Empire. On the vault of the central hall there are 14 plaster bas-reliefs (authors – N. A. Shcherbakov, Yu. P. Pommer, V. A. Fedorov, Yu. G. Ushkov, G. N. Kolesnikov), six of which are dedicated to the revolutionary events of 1917 , eight – revolutions of 1905.