Jaguar XK 150 (1958): 190 hp. Moscow transport museum
The Jaguar XK150 is a sports car produced by Jaguar between 1957 and 1961 as the successor to the XK140.
Initially it was only available in fixed head coupé (FHC) and drophead coupé (DHC) versions. The roadster without full weather equipment which had begun the XK line was launched as the XK150 OTS (open two-seater) in 1958. Minimal rear seats were fitted in the coupés. The open two-seater was fitted for the first time with wind-up windows in taller high-silled doors, but retained the very simple folding roof of its predecessors.
A 250 bhp 3.4 litre XK150S fixed-head coupé with limited slip differential was tested by The Motor in 1959. It had a top speed of 132 mph (212 km/h) and could accelerate from 0–60 mph (97 km/h) in 7.8 seconds. Fuel consumption of 22.0 miles per imperial gallon (12.8 L/100 km; 18.3 mpg‑US) was recorded. The test car cost £2110 including taxes of £623. It was at the time the fastest closed car the magazine had ever subjected to a full road test.
The bhp figures quoted are SAE gross and not SAE net horsepower ratings. In comparison, the 3.4L 1954 Jaguar ‘D’-type with racing camshafts, larger 1.875in. inlet valves, and 3 dual-choke Weber carburettors was rated at 246 bhp.