Izmailovsky Prospekt is an avenue in the historic core of the Admiralteisky administrative district of St. Petersburg. Meridional radial highway on the Nameless Island. It runs from the embankment of the Fontanka River to the embankment of the Obvodny Canal. Voznesensky Prospekt continues to the south. Parallel to Lermontovsky and Moskovsky prospects.
Laid in the 1740s. It received its modern name in 1798 after the Izmailovsky regiment, then stationed on both sides of the avenue (houses 2-12 and 9-17, partially preserved).
The nearest metro stations to Izmailovsky Prospekt are Baltiyskaya 1st (Kirovsko-Vyborgskaya) Line (about 500 m in a straight line to the end of the avenue) and Technological Institute (about 600 m along 1st Krasnoarmeiskaya Street).
Along Izmailovsky Prospekt there are routes of social (No. 10, 70 and 71) and commercial buses (routes No. K-186 and K-252).
In 1908-2006, there was a tram service on Izmailovsky Prospekt. The prospect is crossed by a tram line along Troitsky Prospekt and 1st Krasnoarmeiskaya Street.
Until 1990, trolleybus traffic operated on the avenue.
At a distance of about 500 m in a straight line from the end of Izmailovsky Prospekt is the Baltic railway Station.