Architects: Ruska L.
Year built: 1801-1805
The facade from the embankment of the Griboyedov Canal is decorated with a six-column portico, from the side of Italian Street – a colonnade of ten columns of the Ionic order.
The building was erected on a site that belonged to the Catholic Church.
Until 1815, it had housed a college of Jesuits – an educational institution of a closed type with a boarding house for the children of noble families – the Golitsyns, Vyazemskys, Stroganovs, Shuvalovs, and others.
For some time there was a home for military orphans.