Frunzenskaya embankment is an embankment on the left bank of the Moskva River in the Khamovniki district of the Central Administrative District of Moscow. It is located between the Krymsky and Andreevsky bridges. Timur Frunze Street, 1st, 2nd and 3rd Frunzensky Streets overlook the embankment. The numbering of houses starts from the Krymsky bridge.
Renamed, as well as three adjacent streets, in honor of the Soviet military leader M.V. Frunze.
The embankment as a passage along the Moskva River arose after the construction of the iron Krymsky bridge in 1872. In 1897, the Khamovnicheskaya Embankment project was approved as a city passage to the Kamer-Kollezhsky Val, but until 1914 it was only partially implemented. The development of the embankment, with the exception of a few buildings, remained one-storey until the mid-1930s. In 1923-1936, a tram followed the embankment.
In 1933, the All-Union Building Exhibition was opened on the embankment. In the second half of the 1930s, several high-rise residential buildings were built on the embankment, including a complex of residential buildings, repeating those built not long before by the architect A.G. Mordvinov on Bolshaya Kaluzhskaya Street (now part of Leninsky Prospekt).
In 1936-1937, the banks of the river were lined with granite.
Nearest metro: Oktyabrskaya, Park Kultury, Frunzenskaya.
Attractions nearby: Bolshoy Moskvoretsky Bridge, Kremlin embankment, Sofiyskaya Embankment, “House on the Embankment”, Patriarshiy Peshekhodnyy Most, Bersenevskaya embankment, Cathedral of Christ the Saviour, Gorky Park, Krymskaya embankment, Prechistenskaya embankment.