The Church of the Nativity of the Virgin in Putinki is an Orthodox parish church in the Tverskoy district of Moscow. It belongs to the Iberian deanery of the Moscow diocese of the Russian Orthodox Church. It has the status of a patriarchal metochion. The building was designed in the style of Russian patterns.
The temple was founded in 1649 after a fire that destroyed the previous wooden church in honor of the Nativity of the Virgin and completed in 1652 under Tsar Alexei Mikhailovich.
The church was built of specially molded bricks. It included: a quadrangle elongated from north to south, crowned with three tents (with kokoshniks and decorative “arrows” reminiscent of the decor of the tents of St. Basil’s Cathedral), a lowered rectangular altar volume, a cube-shaped side altar bushes, crowned with completion in the form of a tent on a drum, a two-tier hipped bell tower and a small refectory adjoining the quadrangle of the church from the west.
With a wealth of decorative details, the aisle of the Burning Bush resembles the Church of the Trinity in Nikitniki, the “starting point” of the temple architecture of the Russian pattern.
After the completion of the construction of the temple, in 1653, Patriarch Nikon stopped the construction of hipped temples in Rus’.
Address: Malaya Dmitrovka, 2.