The Church of the Life-Giving Trinity in Serebryaniki is a parish church belonging to the Intercession Deanery of the Moscow City Diocese of the Russian Orthodox Church.
The exact date of the appearance of the temple on this site is unknown. However, according to some sources, it existed even before the accession to the throne of the Romanovs. In written sources for 1620, the church is listed as wooden, and for 1657 – already stone.
The data for 1722 mentions a chapel in the name of the Kazan Icon of the Mother of God.
In 1750, a second chapel was built in the name of Basil the Great. From 1764 to 1768, Afanasy Goncharov, whose estate was next to the temple, erected a bell tower. Some researchers believe that the design of the bell tower belongs to Carl Blank.
Merchant Tatyana Surovshchikova donated money for the rebuilding of the church. In 1781, the temple was rebuilt entirely; only the basement and part of the walls remained from the old stone temple, and the bell tower was moved closer to Yauzskaya Street. In 1890, the architect Vyacheslav Zhigardlovich expanded the refectory.
The temple was closed after 1917. In the 1930s, the gilded domes and crosses of the church were torn off. At first, living quarters were in the building, and then it was converted into a warehouse.
The temple was returned to the Russian Orthodox Church in 1993. Regular services have been held since 2001.
Working days: Mon-Sat 09:00–19:00; Sun 08:00–19:00
Address: Serebryanichesky per., 1A, building 10, Moscow.
Nearest metro: Kitay-gorod, Taganskaya.