The Church of the Holy Great Martyr and Healer Panteleimon (Panteleimon Church) is a parish Orthodox church in St. Petersburg, at the intersection of Pestel Street and Salt Lane. An architectural monument of the 18th century in the style of Peter the Great Baroque.
It belongs to the Central Deanery of the St. Petersburg Diocese of the Russian Orthodox Church. The nearby Panteleymonovsky bridge across the Fontanka river and Panteleymonovskaya street were named after the church (in 1925 it was renamed Pestelya street).
In 1834-1835, the building was rebuilt in the late Empire style by the architect Vikenty Beretti, and in the 1840s, the facades of the temple were decorated with marble bas-reliefs by the sculptor Alexander Loganovsky.
In 1944-1946, a memorial was built opposite the church to the defenders of the Khanko Peninsula during the Great Patriotic War (architects Valentin Kamensky, Anna Leiman).
Address: Ulitsa Pestelya, 2А, St Petersburg, 191028
Nearest metro stations: Nevsky Prospekt.
Stieglitz State Academy of Art stands next on Salt Lane, 15.