The Church of the Great Martyr Catherine on the Vspolye is a Moscow church consecrated in honor of Saint Catherine. A wooden temple on this site was presumably erected in the 16th century. In 1657, the building was redesigned in stone. In 1766-1775, by order of Empress Catherine II, it was reconstructed by the architect Karl Blank.
Later architects Fyodor Shestakov and Pavel Petrov rebuilt the complex. In 1931, the temple was closed, and the building was occupied for some time by the Central Design Bureau of Instrument Engineering and the All-Union Art Workshop named after Grabar.
In 1992-2006, the church was transferred to the construction of the metochion of the Orthodox Church in America under the Moscow Patriarchate.
Working hours: daily, 08:00–19:00.
Address: Bolshaya Ordynka, 60/2, Moscow.
Nearest metro: Dobryninskaya, Polyanka, Serpukhovskaya.