The Church of Saint-Roch (Église Saint-Roch) is a 17th–18th-century French Baroque and classical style church in Paris (France), dedicated to Saint Roch. It is located at 284, Rue Saint-Honoré, in the 1st arrondissement. The current church was built between 1653 and 1740.
The church is particularly noted for its very exuberant 18th century chapels decorated with elaborate Baroque murals, sculpture, and architectural detail. In 1795, during the later states of the French Revolution, the front of the church was the site of the 13 Vendémiaire, when the young artillery officer Napoleon Bonaparte fired a battery of cannon to break up a force of Royalist soldiers which threatened the new revolutionary government.
The design of the facade was inspired by the Church of the Gesù n Rome, the mother church of the Jesuit order and first Baroque church in Rome, and even more by Saint-Paul-Saint-Louis (1641, the first Baroque church in Paris). Following the classical style, the columns of the lower level have Doric order capitals, while the columns of the upper level have Corinthian order columns. The church is exceptionally long (126 meters), making it one of the largest churches in Paris.
The statue in the niche on the left side of the facade is Saint Honoratus by Eugène Aizelin (1873).
Working hours: 11 AM – 12 PM.