Chrysler 70 Six Sedan
The Chrysler Six was a series of cars that were all installed with the Chrysler Straight Six when the company assumed operations of the Maxwell Automobile Company in 1924, and Chalmers Automobile Company in 1926. The Chrysler Six initially consisted of several Models, then Series designations that originally declared the approximate top speed each vehicle was able to consistently maintain, then each series number was incrementally updated every new model year, and each series was offered in several body style choices. The engines were technically advanced for their time and were entered in the 24 Hours of Le Mans for 1925, 1928 and 1929.
The Chrysler Six Model B-70 is a full-size car that was the first car produced by Chrysler from 1924 to 1925. It was the first model produced under the Chrysler brand. It replaced the cars of Maxwell, whose brand was bought by Walter Chrysler in 1921.
Nine different bodies supplied from Fisher Body Co. were offered in the first year of production. The open cars initially had horizontally split windshields inspired by the Brewster windshield and 30 in (762 mm) wheels with five lug nuts attached to hydraulic four-wheel drum brakes.
The success was sensational: 32,000 cars had been sold by the end of 1924, a new record for the introduction of a new model.
With the introduction of the B-70, the production of the Chalmers was stopped.
The entry level Roadster with rumble seat was available for US$1,595 ($27,236 in 2022 dollars), while top model documented was the Town Car listed at US$3,725 ($63,607 in 2022 dollars).
The new Chrysler offered several items, technology and body style choices that had become extra cost items from other manufacturers that Chrysler included for no extra cost, while it was priced in the medium price field.